- To keep chappatis fresh for long, knead the dough with milk.
- Hold stale and dry bread over the steam of a pressure cooker. It will be soft once again.
- Chewing a cardamom is excellent for quenching thirst and a good remedy for bad breath, too.
- If you wish to check the purity of honey, put a few drops of honey in a cup of water. If it settles down, it is pure.
- Dried rose petals can be boiled and added to the bath water for a lingering fragrance.
- While making clear vegetable soup, don't throw away the vegetables. Mash them with butter and use them to make 'Bhaji' for 'Pav '.
- If the cap of a gum bottle has become tight and cannot be removed, immerse it a little glycerin to open it easily.
- Clean your gas stove or cooking range with a sponge soaked in vinegar. This will leave the stove sparkling clean and spotless.